Tips and TIPs welcome

Center for Rural Affairs is seeking participants in Conservation Reserve Program - Transition Incentives Program (CRP-TIP). Are you a landowner in Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota or South Dakota who has participated in CRP-TIP, or know someone who is? We’re interested in hearing from you. Please contact us at or 515.329.0172.  

Center for Rural Affairs, Dakota Rural Action and National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition are conducting this project with Farm Service Agency. We’d like to learn more about how CRP-TIP is being implemented.

CRP provides payments to landowners for taking environmentally sensitive land out of production for a period of time. It is administered by United States Department of Agriculture, Farm Service Agency. CRP-TIP is a relatively new part of the program. Landowners with expiring CRP contracts are eligible for two additional years of payments if they sell or rent their land to a beginning or socially disadvantaged farmer or rancher. That farmer or rancher then has to use sustainable farming or grazing practices on the land.

One of the major barriers to getting started in farming is access to land. This program provides a valuable opportunity both for beginning and socially disadvantaged farmers to get started in agriculture and for conservation practices to be implemented on more acres.  

Again, we’d like to hear from landowners in Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota who have participated in CRP-TIP.  You can contact us at or 515.329.0172.

Don’t forget that CRP is a Farm Bill program, and the next Farm Bill is just around the corner. Would you like to share your thoughts about the Farm Bill? Or get involved with our Farm Bill advocacy work? If so, fill out our quick survey so we know we can get in touch with you.