The Center for Rural Affairs is a nonprofit, mission-driven lender providing affordable, equitable, and flexible financing to strengthen our local food system, small businesses, and sustainable agriculture.
Our small business loans are available to farmers, food business entrepreneurs, start-ups, retail businesses, and other food supply chain businesses. To qualify, applicants must:
- Be at least 19 years old
- Own and operate a small-scale farm or food business in Nebraska
Use of funds
Loans may be used for the following purposes:
- Working capital, marketing expenses, bookkeeping, farm or business insurance, purchasing inventory, etc.
- Equipment and infrastructure such as processing, storage, fencing, fixtures, buildings, irrigation, etc.
- Purchase an existing business
- Purchase of vehicles, business real estate or other long-term assets
- Gap financing to complement state or federal grant programs
Maximum loan amount: $250,000
Terms: Up to 15 years, based on the use of funds and the borrower’s needs.
Rates and fees: Interest rates are between 7.25% and 10.75% with a closing fee between 1% and 5%.
Here is a partial list of required documents to prepare for your loan application; we can provide templates and will support you throughout the process of applying.
Each loan is unique and additional documents may be required based on the circumstances of the loan.
- Photo ID for each borrower
- Proof of verifiable source(s) of income
- Business and personal bank statements
- Business and personal tax returns
- Business financials
- Personal financial statement
- Business plan for new businesses
For more information or to apply
Our staff have decades of experience in small business lending and understand the unique needs of farm and food businesses. We provide a personalized and flexible approach to our lending with hands-on support, business training, and resources to help you and your business succeed. All services are offered in English and Spanish.
For more information about farm and food business loans, contact Meg Jackson at email@example.com, 402.309.9096, or visit cfra.org/find-your-lender to find a loan specialist in your area and to apply.
The Center for Rural Affairs is a nonprofit, mission-driven lender focusing on underserved communities, primarily to rural, Latino, Native, and other communities that mainstream finance doesn’t traditionally reach. We are a Community Development Financial Institute, certified by the U.S. Treasury. What is a CDFI?