In the last 10 years, almost a million of our military’s servicemen and servicewomen have come from rural communities. As these veterans return home, they bring with them an opportunity to employ their passion, discipline, and sense of service to revitalize America’s small farms and rural communities.
By returning to their farming roots, veterans can carry on the proud tradition of small American family farms.
We help provide you with the business and agriculture education that can help you become successful farmers. By creating sound farm businesses that tap into high value markets, returning veterans can reintegrate gracefully and fruitfully into America’s rural communities.
Returning veterans and rural America can keep each other strong
Get personalized professional assistance and counseling on farm production, business, financing, and more:
- Production and marketing
- Farm business development
- Loan applications
- Farm financial advising
- State and federal financing and loan options
- Land access strategies
- Linking programs
- Programs for disabled farmers
- Farmer-Veteran Coalition, 530.756.1395
- Rocky Mountain Farmers Union, 303.752.5800
- Kansas Farmers Union, 620.241.6630
- Missouri Farmers Union, 573.659.2787
- Nebraska Farmers Union, 402.476.8815
- Colorado AgrAbility Project, 970.491.5889
- Kansas AgrAbility Project, 785.532.2976
- Missouri AgrAbility Project, 1.800.995.8503
- Nebraska AgrAbility, 1.800.471.6425
- USDA Farm Service Agency, 402.437.5896
This project is supported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture Risk Management Agency.