You have a great idea for a new small business. Congratulations! That's the first step. Here are some other ideas and information to consider on your journey to success.
- Business Planning 101: A clear primer on planning your business.
- Should I Start My Own Business?: Key points to help you decide.
- Small Business Financing: How and where to find money.
- Top 10 Bookkeeping Mistakes: Bookkeeping is at the heart of a company’s success. What to avoid.
Small Business Programs
Several programs are available to help businesses to become established and grow. Our own Rural Enterprise Assistance Project provides training, technical assistance, and small loans for entrepreneurs in Nebraska.
- Rural Microentrepreneur Assistance Project: For training, technical assistance or for small loans.
- Rural Business and Industry Loan Guarantee Program: Helps rural businesses and entrepreneurs access credit.
- Rural Business Opportunity Grants: For rural communities with exceptional needs.
- Rural Business Enterprise Grants: Grants for rural projects that finance and help small and emerging rural businesses.
- Community Economic Development Program: Grants to promote and support economic self-sufficiency for low-income communities.
- Rural Business Investment Program (RBIP)