The USDA is offering funds for the development of community facilities in rural areas. Projects must provide substantial community support and be located in rural areas with fewer than 20,000 residents.
- Priority will be given to small communities with populations of fewer than 5,500.
- Priority will be given to low-income communities, those with a median income below 80% of the state nonmetro median household income.
- Applicants must be unable to finance the project through commercial credit or from their own resources.
- An environmental review must be completed before application.
- To apply, first contact your local USDA Rural Development office. They will help with the application process, saving you time.