You have a great idea for a new small business. Congratulations! That's the first step. Here are some other ideas and information to consider on your journey to success.
- Business Planning 101: A clear primer on planning your business.
- Should I Start My Own Business?: Key points to help you decide.
- Small Business Financing: How and where to find money.
- Top 10 Bookkeeping Mistakes: Bookkeeping is at the heart of a company’s success. What to avoid.
Small Business Programs
Several programs are available to help businesses to become established and grow.
- Rural Microentrepreneur Assistance Program: For training, technical assistance or for small loans.
- Rural Business and Industry Loan Guarantee Program: Helps rural businesses and entrepreneurs access credit.
- Rural Business Opportunity Grants: For rural communities with exceptional needs.
- Rural Business Enterprise Grants: Grants for rural projects that finance and help small and emerging rural businesses.
- Community Economic Development Program: Grants to promote and support economic self-sufficiency for low-income communities.
- Rural Business Investment Program (RBIP)