The Center for Rural Affairs is a leading nonprofit organization with a national reputation for progressive rural advocacy and policy work. We are seeking a full-time temporary Policy & Advocacy Organizing Intern to advance our clean energy and conservation objectives in Iowa and beyond.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a dynamic team committed to effecting change. The ideal candidate will be a recent college graduate with strong writing and communications skills, organizing experience, and knowledge of agriculture, conservation, and clean energy issues. We invite applicants who have a familiarity with and knowledge of leading farm and rural organizations throughout the state and region.
Title: Policy & Advocacy Organizing Intern
Hours: Full Time
Location: Center for Rural Affairs Iowa Office, 248 1st Ave. E. Dyersville, IA
Apply by: January 31, 2016
- Develop knowledge of agriculture, conservation, and clean energy issues
- Engage rural communities in outreach efforts to advance conservation and clean energy objectives
- Identify and build relationships with rural leaders
- Author traditional, social, and digital media content
- Represent the organization at meetings, conferences, and events
- Collaborate with and participate in coordinated campaigns with partner organizations
- Provide support to program staff in furtherance of policy objectives
If these phrases describe you, we want you for our open position:
- Curious and excited to learn
- Disciplined, accountable, and consensus builder
- Quick learner who is detail-oriented and produces high-quality work
- In possession of a strong work ethic and a habit of exceeding expectations
Additionally the right candidate must possess:
- Flexibility (travel throughout Iowa and the Upper Midwest region will be necessary)
- Familiar with and understanding of rural communities
- Demonstrated ability to connect with people regardless of political or cultural background
- Ability to think outside the box and see issues from different perspectives
The following are a plus, but not required:
- Academic experience in a field such as political science, environmental science, communications, sociology, or public relations
- Demonstrated fluency with social and digital media
- Political campaign experience
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and one short writing sample (1-3 pages), to email@example.com. Apply by January 31, 2016 for full consideration. Note that applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Learn more about the Center for Rural Affairs at www.cfra.org/about.
The Center for Rural Affairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Posted on 4.4.2019
- Posted on 2.15.2018
- Posted on 5.31.2017
- Posted on 6.2.2017
- Posted on 9.1.2017