The Center for Rural Affairs is hiring a Policy Manager. The Policy Manager will report to the Policy Director and serve as the Policy team lead for our health and economic security portfolio. This position is responsible for achieving policy objectives, overseeing and directing a team of 3 to 5 staff, and effective program management.
This is a full-time exempt position located in Lyons, Nebraska. Compensation is commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package will be provided. Some travel around the state of Nebraska is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the Policy team’s health and economic security portfolio, including managing project plans, prioritizing tasks, directing others, and adjusting the strategy when needed.
- Provide program-wide personnel management support.
- Draft and edit media communications including blogs, letters, press releases, and reports.
- Assist with strategy development and implementation.
- Draft, edit and submit grant proposals and reports.
- Assist with lobbying and government affairs.
- Collaborate with Center partners to coordinate on strategy and action plans.
- Build and maintain relationships with external constituencies including coalition and grant partners.
- Conduct research to inform policy work; stay current on media and external communication related to policy work.
- Draft and edit internal reports for quarterly Board meetings.
- Represent the organization at conferences, meetings, and other events.
- Assist with interviewing, onboarding, training, and managing the performance of team staff and interns.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Political Science, Economics, Public Administration or a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Can work effectively with diverse groups of individuals and values differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and social-economic circumstances.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills; excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to lead, problem solve, and delegate to others.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Project Management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Willingness to travel regionally on a regular basis.
Position Description: Exempt
Interested individuals can apply by sending their resume, cover letter (please indicate where you saw the ad), and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled. The Center for Rural Affairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.