The Center for Rural Affairs is hiring an Accounting Intern who is enthusiastic about numbers and infrastructure support systems along with learning new skills. The Accounting Intern will bring energy to the role and be able to work independently and within a team environment. The Accounting Intern will assist the finance team with special accounting projects and duties putting book knowledge into practice and will be supervised by the Accounting Manager.
This is a temporary part-time with full time potential, non-exempt position located in an office location suitable for the program’s needs. Compensation is commensurate with experience. This position does not offer a benefits package. The term will be up to 9 months with an opportunity for fixed-term employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Specially assigned accounting projects.
● Assist with loan processing payments.
● Assist with payable processing.
● Assist with daily deposits.
● Assist with filing of HR records, invoices, and other transactions
● Assist with financial or account records by recording, identifying, and verifying financial transactions.
● Currently working towards an Accounting degree; Junior, Senior, or newly graduated.
● Basic knowledge of accounting functions and procedures.
● Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills; excellent attention to detail.
● Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
● Can work effectively with diverse groups of individuals and values differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and social-economic circumstances.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint); advanced skills in Excel; Being adaptable in accounting software.
● Strong written and verbal communication.
Employee Classification: Non-Exempt
Interested individuals can apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled. The Center for Rural Affairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.