The Center for Rural Affairs is hiring a Loan Specialist. The Loan Specialist works with businesses and entrepreneurs to provide business assistance and access to capital, primarily in the form of small business loans. The Loan Specialist will report to the Rural Enterprise Assistance Project (REAP) Program Manager and will review loan applications and provide one-on-one coaching regarding loans, business plans, and financial projections. Come be part of our team working to build a vibrant rural future with opportunity for all.
This is a full-time position that will be based in a new office to be established in North Platte, Nebraska. An alternative location in West Central Nebraska will be considered for the right applicant. Compensation is commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package will be provided. Frequent travel throughout Nebraska is required, as position will serve a 20-30 county region in West Central Nebraska.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist clients with loan applications ensuring they are complete and accurate.
- Provide one-on-one business coaching to pre and post loan clients.
- Determine eligibility for requested loan products.
- Analyze financial information of applicants to determine ability to service new debt.
- Assist clients in the development of business plans and financial projections.
- Utilize reporting software to track loan-related activities and prepare reports.
- Assemble, compile and present documents and reports for loan committee review.
- Review loan-related reports, data, and documents to ensure accuracy.
- Secure notarized signatures on required closing documents.
- Contact client for payment status when they have missed their regularly scheduled monthly payment.
- Develop referral networks for small businesses in need of capital assistance via cold calls, public speaking, community involvement and mining existing clients for repeat loans.
- Facilitate meetings between clients and potential lending and community partners.
- All other duties as directed by the program director or supervisor to meet the Center objectives.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in banking, accounting, insurance, sales, small business, or related field is a plus.
- Knowledge of small business finance and operations.
- Ability to prepare and interpret financial statements.
- Ability to use measurement tools and manage data to formulate and negotiate loan structure.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills; excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication along with the ability to use discretion and be confidential with all client data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and industry specific computer programs.
- Willingness to travel to various sites across Nebraska as needed.
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently is a bonus.
Interested individuals can apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply by Oct 4, 2019, for full consideration. The position will remain open until filled.
The Center for Rural Affairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.