The Center for Rural Affairs is hiring a Policy Assistant in Minnesota. The Policy Assistant will report to a Policy Manager and will assist with Policy data management and engage with the Center’s constituents and build up their personal advocacy.
This is a fixed-term, part-time 20 hour per week position located from your home. Compensation is commensurate with experience and a benefits package is provided as described in the Employee Handbook. Travel is required throughout the state of Minnesota.
Duties and responsibilities
- Contact constituents and build relationships with community leaders.
- Identify opportunities to build recognition in key communities.
- Assist with research and writing media, outreach, and reports.
- Update information on supporters and legislators in the constituent management system.
- Work alongside supporters to advance policy campaigns.
- Draft organizing appeals to grass roots constituents including an initial contact email, action alert, or call script.
- Attend partner and network events.
- Meet with grass roots constituents capturing their stories and directing them towards opportunities for advocacy.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Administration or a related field preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills; excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and adapt to a changing work environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Willingness to travel regionally on a regular basis.
Interested individuals can apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.
The Center for Rural Affairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.