The Center for Rural Affairs is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization established in Northeast Nebraska in 1973. For more than 40 years, the Center for Rural Affairs has been a leading force engaging people to build a better rural future. The Center for Rural Affairs is headquartered in Lyons, Nebraska and has on-site and in-home offices throughout the state. The Center for Rural Affairs focuses on small business and farm development, farm and rural policy, research, and community development. Additional information about the Center for Rural Affairs can be found at www.cfra.org.
The Center for Rural Affairs is hiring an Office Assistant. The Office Assistant will assist several key staff members and be supervised by the Office and Technology Manager. Duties will include but not limited to, data entry, navigating different software programs, general office duties, answering the phone, and filing.
This part-time position will be allocated 20 hours per week in Lyons, Nebraska. The majority of hours will be worked in the morning, although the position might require some flexibility for occasional afternoon work. Compensation is commensurate with experience and benefits are provided as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Data entry for donors, constituents, and accounting staff.
- Prepare donor thank you letters for signature and mailing.
- Handling mail daily.
- Answering the phone and routing calls to appropriate staff members.
- Collate board packets quarterly.
- Perform business reply account tasks.
- Scan necessary documents into Outcome Tracker.
- Filing as needed.
- General office tidying, recycling, and office task.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Data entry experience preferred.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and Google Docs.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- General office experience helpful.
- Comfortable learning new technology.
- Comfortable with taking direction from multiple staff.
- Availability M-F, mornings preferred.
Interested individuals can apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
The Center for Rural Affairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.