The Center for Rural Affairs is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that was established in Northeast Nebraska in 1973. For more than 40 years, the Center for Rural Affairs has been a leading force engaging people to build a better rural future. The Center for Rural Affairs is headquartered in Lyons, Nebraska and has on-site and in-home offices throughout the state. The Center for Rural Affairs focuses on small business and farm development, farm and rural policy, research, and community development. Additional information about the Center for Rural Affairs can be found at www.cfra.org.
The Center for Rural Affairs is hiring a Project Associate. The Project Associate will work with the Farm & Community team to build vibrant rural communities throughout Nebraska by providing training and technical assistance in various areas to community members and businesses. The Project Associate will work on various Farm & Community initiatives such as Women Landowner Outreach and Education, the Farm to School Program, Beginning Latino Farmer workshops, and community and school garden development.
This is a full-time position located in Lyons, Nebraska or in a location easily accessible to target communities. Compensation is commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package will be provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with and support Farm & Community staff on a variety of projects related to the program’s mission and grant objectives.
- Develop, plan, schedule and conduct Farm & Community events, workshops, and training sessions.
- Promote Farm & Community events and activities to community members and organizations; recruit participants.
- Maintain positive relationships with current and potential clients, collaborators, and community members.
- Collaborate with the Brand Marketing and Communications Manager to create social media content such as newsletters or blogs to promote the work of the Farm & Community Program.
- Respond to questions and information requests from community members and organizations, CFRA staff, and project partners.
- Report on program activities, performance, and goals to the Director of the Farm & Community Program.
- Conduct program evaluation to inform work on various Farm & Community Program initiatives.
- Write grants, monitor grant and fellowship opportunities, complete grant reporting, and update grant partners on status of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in an area related to the position description preferred.
- Experience working in rural communities
- Knowledge of agricultural production and/or agriculture experience.
- Experience with event planning and presenting in front of groups.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking.
- Works well both independently and on a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Willingness to travel to various sites across Nebraska on a regular bases.
Interested individuals can apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
The Center for Rural Affairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.