The Center for Rural Affairs is hiring a Policy Assistant. The Policy Assistant will report to a Policy Manager and coordinate with policy staff to organize and build support for improved policy outcomes in Nebraska. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing and executing strategy to achieve capacity building objectives.
This is a full-time position located in Lyons, Nebraska. Compensation is commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package will be provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contact constituents and build relationships with community leaders.
- Identify opportunities to build recognition in key communities.
- Assist with research and writing media, outreach, and reports.
- Update information on supporters in the constituent management system.
- Work alongside supporters to advance policy campaigns.
- Draft organizing appeals to grass roots constituents including an initial contact email, action alert, or call script.
- Attend partner and network events.
- Meet with grass roots constituents capturing their stories and directing them towards opportunities for advocacy.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in political science, public administration or a related field preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills; excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and adapt to a changing work environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Willingness to travel regionally on a regular basis.
Interested individuals can apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply by Jan. 31, 2019 for full consideration. The position will remain open until filled. The Center for Rural Affairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.