Are you interested in legislative and policy objectives in rural Nebraska? Help advance our policy and advocacy work and do good for rural America.
The Center for Rural Affairs is hiring a Policy & Advocacy Organizing Intern. The Policy and Advocacy Organizing Intern will report to a Policy Manager and coordinate with policy staff to organize and build support for improved policy outcomes in Nebraska. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing and executing strategy to achieve capacity building objectives.
This is a full-time position located in Lyons, Nebraska.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contact constituents and build relationships with community leaders.
- Identify opportunities to build recognition in key communities.
- Assist with research and writing media, outreach, and reports.
- Update information on supporters in the constituent management system.
- Work alongside supporters to advance policy campaigns.
- Draft organizing appeals to grass roots constituents including an initial contact email, action alert, or call script.
- Attend partner and network events.
- Meet with grass roots constituents capturing their stories and directing them towards opportunities for advocacy.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in political science, public administration or a related field preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills; excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and adapt to a changing work environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Willingness to travel regionally on a regular basis.
Send a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and one short writing sample (one to three pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Learn more about the Center for Rural Affairs here.
The Center for Rural Affairs is an equal opportunity employer and provider.