Business Development Training Provided for Small Businesses in Custer County

Release Date: 



Dena Beck,, Center for Rural Affairs
Lyons, Nebraska - Beginning August 7, Dena Beck, Business Specialist for the Rural Enterprise Assistance Project (REAP), will be available in the Broken Bow Chamber of Commerce office to provide consultation, information and technical assistance to small start-up and existing micro-enterprises (businesses with five or fewer employees.)
REAP is Nebraska’s largest micro-enterprise program and operates on a statewide, rural basis  Beck is the regional specialist serving a 21-county area in central and southwest Nebraska. REAP helps fill four gaps for small businesses by providing lending, business plan assistance, training and technical assistance and networking opportunities. In addition to the four core components, REAP operates Nebraska’s first and only Women’s Business Center.

You can contact Dena at 308.528.0060 or  Beck will be available in the Broken Bow Chamber of Commerce office, by appointment only, the 1st Tuesday of each month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. beginning August 7th. Appointments are being scheduled, in 45 minute increments, through the Broken Bow Chamber of Commerce 308-872-5691 or by e-mailing    Appointment must be made by noon the day before.

Dena provides REAP services in the following Southwest/Central Nebraska counties: Buffalo, Chase, Custer, Dawson, Dundy, Franklin, Frontier, Furnas, Gosper, Harlan, Hayes, Hitchcock, Kearney, Keith, Lincoln, Logan, McPherson, Perkins, Phelps, Red Willow and Sherman.  Any persons from those counties are welcome to visit her in Broken Bow on those dates or make contact with her to set up another appointment.

More information about REAP can be found at or by calling 402.656.3091or 308.528.0060.  The Center for Rural Affairs receives funding for REAP from the Nebraska Microenterprise Development Act, Community Development Block Grants through the Nebraska Department of Economic Development, Small Business Administration, United States Department of Agriculture and other sources.

Get the Newsletter