On Oct. 29, the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) will begin hosting public hearings across the state to receive comments on the implementation of Medicaid expansion and the proposed 1115 waiver.
The public is invited to testify and/or submit written comments. Hearings are scheduled in the following communities:
- Tuesday, Oct. 29, at 7 p.m. at the Scottsbluff High School, 313 E 27th St., Scottsbluff
- Wednesday, Oct. 30, at 6:45 p.m. at the Kearney Public Library, 2020 1st Ave., Kearney
- Tuesday, Nov. 7, at 6 p.m. at the Norfolk Public Library, 308 W Prospect Ave., Norfolk
- Thursday, Nov. 12, at 7 p.m. at the University of Nebraska Omaha College of Public Affairs and Community Service, 6320 Maverick Plaza, Omaha
Nearly a year after the vote, 90,000 hard-working Nebraskans are still waiting for health care coverage under the voter approved expansion of Medicaid. Beyond the delayed implementation timeline, DHHS is proposing an unnecessary and complex 1115 waiver, known as the Heritage Health Adult Program. As proposed, the waiver would create a two-tier benefit system and make significant changes to the current Medicaid program.
Let’s not inflict this experiment on thousands of Nebraskans who are working and making every effort to care for themselves and their families. It’s time to implement Medicaid expansion for the benefit of our residents, our rural hospitals and the health of our state.
Do not waiver. Stand for expansion.
How can you get involved?
- Attend the public hearing and share your testimony.
- Submit a written comment to the Department of Health and Human Services online at cfra.org/medxwaiver. Comments will be emailed directly to DHHS.
- Share your personal story about why Medicaid expansion is important by visiting with a member of the Center for Rural Affairs staff.
If you would like more information or assistance with your testimony or comments, please contact Trenton at email@example.com or 402.687.2100 ext. 1010.
Nebraskans spoke, it is time to honor the vote and implement Medicaid expansion.
- Posted on 7.2.2020
- Posted on 1.6.2020
- Posted on 7.16.2020
- Posted on 1.9.2020
- Posted on 1.10.2020