LYONS, NEBRASKA – Those interested in learning about cooperatives in small towns are invited to “Cooperatives: Building a Base for the Future Webinar Series.” This free, online event is hosted by the Center for Rural Affairs.
Except for the first session, this series will be held twice a month on Thursdays, from noon to 12:30 p.m. Following each event, a recording will be posted online.
- May 26: A Cooperative Grocery Store Interview with Hay Springs
- June 3: Cooperative Basics in Spanish with Greg McKee & Lucia Schulz
- June 17: Promotion of Cooperative Events on Native Lands
- July 8: What are Worker Cooperatives?
- July 22: Interview with the Beatrice Investment Group, an investment cooperative
- Aug. 5: TBD
- Aug. 19: TBD
- Sept. 2: TBD
- Sept. 16: TBD
“In our rural communities, people can use cooperatives in many types of business models,” said Justin Carter, project associate for the Center for Rural Affairs. “Tune in to these short sessions for basic information and in-depth interviews with those running their own cooperative.”
This project is funded through a U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development Socially-Disadvantaged Groups Grant.
# # #