Rhea Landholm, brand marketing and communications manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 402.687.2100 ext. 1025
LYONS, NEBRASKA – Today, directors from the Center for Rural Affairs, based in Lyons, Nebraska, announced the postponement of several small business trainings, networking events, and beginning farmer events throughout Nebraska, to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
“The Center for Rural Affairs is committed to continuing our work for opportunity and justice for everyone in rural America during the rapidly evolving response to the Coronavirus,” said Brian Depew, executive director. “COVID-19 and the ripple effects will create new challenges for rural people and rural places. Our work may look different in the days ahead, but we will continue to serve our mission in all ways possible.”
Events are listed by community, then date:
- March 17, 24, and 31 - Financial Literacy at Rural Impact Hub
- March 20, 21, 27, and 28 - Cleaning Academy at Centro Hispano
- March 23 - Restaurant Academy at Centro Hispano
- March 17 - Construction Academy at College Park
- March 19 - Working Together, Celebrating Each Other (Chamber of Commerce Coffee) at Madeline’s Cafe & Bakery
- March 21 and 28 - Child Care Academy at Dawson Area Development
- March 30 - Financial Literacy at Dawson Area Development
- March 19 and 26 - Cleaning Academy at El Centro de las Américas
- March 30 - Activate Your Marketing Plan at Madison Area Chamber of Commerce
- March 23 - Interconnectedness and Agriculture at Syracuse Public Library
Visit cfra.org for the latest information on these events.