LYONS, NEBRASKA – Free, virtual cyber security workshops are available for Nebraska entrepreneurs and small business managers, sponsored by the Center for Rural Affairs’ Rural Enterprise Assistance Project, SCORE, and ell Consulting, LLC.
“CyberSmart Series” sessions are weekly on Tuesdays from noon to 1 p.m.:
- “What is Cybersecurity?” on Jan. 12
- “What are Today’s Cyber Threats?” on Jan. 19
- “Password Hygiene” on Jan. 26
- “Cybersecurity in the Real World” on Feb. 2
- “Nebraska Cybersecurity Case Studies” on Feb. 9
- “Cyber Attack Prevention” on Feb. 16
“Many small business owners wonder how cyber security pertains to their business, or think they could never fall victim to cybercriminals,” said Jessica Campos, Center for Rural Affairs’ Women’s Business Center director. “During these lunch and learn sessions, we will explore the steps you can take as small business owners to help mitigate the risk of cyber attacks.”
Kayla Elliot will instruct all courses.
Center for Rural Affairs provides business training, technical assistance, microloans, and networking to small businesses in Nebraska.
# # #