Rhea Landholm, brand marketing and communications manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 402.687.2100 ext 1025
LYONS, NEBRASKA – The Center for Rural Affairs has honored individuals with nine awards, including recognition for policy advocacy, food work, and small business.
The awards are:
- Seventh Generation Award: Paul Olson, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Citizenship Award: Mark and Connie Tjemeland, McCallsburg, Iowa
- Bob Steffen Pioneer Award: Hank Miller, Bloomfield, Nebraska
- Rural Enterprise Assistance Project (REAP) Entrepreneur Award: Mary Rosa and Eduardo Morales, Columbus, Nebraska
- REAP Friend Award: Patty Plugge, Tekamah, Nebraska
- REAP Extra Mile Award: Tina Biteghe Bi Ndong, West Point, Nebraska
- Women Business Center Entrepreneur Award: Megan Gewecke, Kearney, Nebraska
- Latino Business Center Entrepreneur Award: Yomara Hernandez, Schuyler, Nebraska
- Latino Business Center Partner Award: Jeanne Schieffer and Sandie Fischer, Columbus, Nebraska
Established in 1973, the Center for Rural Affairs is a private, non-profit organization working to strengthen small businesses, family farms and ranches, and rural communities through action oriented programs addressing social, economic, and environmental issues.