The MarketPlace Store is a cooperative effort between the Center for Rural Affairs - MarketPlace and GROW Nebraska, which will provide vendors with retail space, staffing and pay sales tax.
The 2009 MarketPlace Store project is best viewed as a promotional and marketing opportunity first, and a selling opportunity second.
NOTE: You don't need to be a GROW Nebraska member to take advantage of this opportunity.
Before the Conference
- Print and complete the MarketPlace Store Application Contract.
- Print and complete an Itemized Inventory List of items that will be for sale at the conference.
- Mail the completed forms by February 1, 2009 to:
Joy Marshall, 5127 S. 122nd St., Omaha, NE 68137
- Put the Retail Price Tag on each item brought to the MarketPlace Store with an ID number (business initials) and retail price. NOTE: No charges will be incurred to display your products; however, once the product sells you will incur a 25% commission. Consignors not completing and submitting the application and inventory forms by February 1, 2009 will be charged 40% commission on each sold item.
Day Before or Day of the Conference
- Bring your products and display unit to the Sandhills Convention Center:
Tuesday, February 24, 2009 from 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm OR
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 from 6:00 am - 7:00 am
- GROW Nebraska will staff the store for the day, giving you the opportunity to register and participate in all conference activities and to learn from other business owners and service providers.
- At the close of the conference day, each Vendor will need to pick up unsold products and display units at the MarketPlace Store by 6:00 pm on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 or it will be donated to a charity.
After the Conference
- GROW Nebraska will balance and document sales for payment to vendors.
- GROW Nebraska will collect and pay sales tax, making it an even easier process.
- The Center for Rural Affairs - MarketPlace will retain the applicable commission of the consignee’s total sale(s) exclusive of sales tax. Payment for sales will be mailed within two weeks after the conference unless required information is incomplete.
Food Applicants, Please Note
- All foods displayed in the MarketPlace store must be prepared in a certified commercial kitchen.
- No food sampling is allowed in the MarketPlace Store. Product sampling will be allowed from exhibitor booths. Applicants are responsible for cleaning up after sampling and removing trash from the conference facility to available dumpsters. If trash from your company is left in the exhibit space, you will be charged $10.00.
- All items are left in the store at the risk of the applicant. MarketPlace will not be liable for breakage, theft, damage, etc. We will make every effort to secure inventory.
- GROW Nebraska reserves the right to deny approval for products that may be obscene or offensive.
- MarketPlace staff reserve the right to use or not to use the vendor’s display.
Other Marketing Opportunities
- Register to become an Exhibitor at the MarketPlace. It’s an excellent decision to reach additional professionals.
- Market your business through the Advertisement section of our conference proceedings. This can be as simple as submitting your business card to creating a full-page color advertisement. Evaluate what best fits your budget and market to up to 500 potential customers.
- Early-Bird Registration ends on February 11, 2009 or if 600 individuals register (whichever comes first)! Register online or print a registration form and mail it to: Center for Applied Rural Innovation, Attn: Audrey, 103 Miller Hall, Lincoln, NE 68583-0711.
MarketPlace Store Documents
- Store Application Contract
- Itemized Inventory Sheet
- Store Checklist with the instructions from this page.
More questions: Call Joy Marshall at 402.614.5558 or e-mail email@example.com