The Center for Rural Affairs is a dynamic, energetic non-profit organization working to build a better future for all. We’ve done this work for more than 45 years and we do it from rural places. Our work creates opportunities for beginning farmers, new business owners, and first-time advocates. The Center’s work is fueled by our compassionate, mission-driven staff who work for the betterment of rural communities, stewardship, and the next generation. Additional information can be found at www.cfra.org.
The Center for Rural Affairs is hiring a Loan Specialist in either Southeast or Southcentral Nebraska. The Loan Specialist will work with businesses and entrepreneurs to provide business assistance and access to small business loans. The Loan Specialist will report to the Rural Enterprise Assistance Project (REAP) Program Director and will develop referral networks and provide one-on-one coaching regarding loan applications, business plans, and financial projections. Developing referral networks and reaching out to new clients are key objectives of the position. Come be part of our team working to build a vibrant rural future with opportunity for all.
This is a full-time non-exempt position located in Southeast or Southcentral Nebraska. Applicants may work from a home office, an existing Center office, or a newly established remote office. The Center maintains offices in Lincoln and Grand Island within the service area currently. Frequent travel throughout the region is required. This position has a salary range of $48,000-$58,000, commensurate with experience, with a top-notch benefit package that has a cash value ranging from $10,000 to $29,500, depending on family status and tenure with the Center.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Develop referral networks via networking, partnership development, public speaking, and phone calls.
● Assist clients with loan applications ensuring they are complete and accurate.
● Assist clients in the development of business plans, financial goals, and financial projections.
● Educate clients about the financial products that are available to them that fit their needs.
● Determine eligibility for requested loan products and the ability to service new debt.
● Assemble, compile and present documents and reports for underwriting and loan committee review.
● Assist new and existing borrowers with loan closing processes.
● Service loan clients through the life of the loan by conducting one on one assistance and periodic site visits with borrowers.
● Utilize reporting software to track loan-related activities and technical assistance activities.
● Contact the client for payment status when they have missed their regularly scheduled monthly payment.
● All other duties as directed by the program director or supervisor to meet the Center objectives.
● Experience in sales, banking, insurance, small business, or related field.
● Knowledge of small business finance and operations.
● Ability to prepare and interpret financial statements.
● Self confident in prospecting skills, networking, presentation skills, and negotiation.
● Passion for reaching sales and new client outreach goals.
● Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills; excellent attention to detail.
● Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
● Can work effectively with diverse groups of individuals and values differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and social-economic circumstances.
● Strong written and verbal communication along with the ability to use discretion and be confidential with all client data.
● Willingness to learn and become proficient in microlending software applications and client relationship management systems.
● Willingness to travel to various sites across Nebraska as needed.
● Ability to speak Spanish fluently is a bonus.
Interested individuals can apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. Initial applicant review will begin on March 15, 2021. The position will remain open until filled. The Center for Rural Affairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.