The Center for Rural Affairs is a dynamic, energetic non-profit organization working to build a better future for all. We’ve done this work for more than 45 years and we do it from rural places. Our work creates opportunities for beginning farmers, new business owners, and first-time advocates. The Center’s work is fueled by our compassionate, mission-driven staff who work for the betterment of rural communities, stewardship, and the next generation. Additional information can be found at cfra.org.
The Center for Rural Affairs is hiring a Lending Partnership Manager. The Lending Partnership Manager will oversee the development of a network of community-based partners who will assist with outreach, technical assistance, and loan referral. In 2021, we will add housing lending to our existing business lending programs. This is a new position that will have the opportunity to help expand the scope of our mission driven lending. The Lending Partnership Manager reports to the REAP Program Director, and will work closely with the Executive Director and other team members in development of this new position.
This is a full-time exempt position. The position may be based in a flexible location in the state of Nebraska. Frequent travel throughout the state is required. This position has a salary range of $48,000-$60,000, commensurate with experience, with a top-notch benefit package that has a cash value ranging from $10,000 to $29,500, depending on family status and tenure with the Center.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and manage a network of community-based partners interested in supporting small businesses and home ownership lending in their local communities.
- Through network development, make small business and housing lending programs available to low- and moderate-income, new immigrant, and rural community residents throughout the state.
- Build and maintain relationships with individuals in the community development, economic development, housing development, new immigrant advocacy, banking, credit union, and realtor communities.
- Lead partnership and client development strategies for our new housing lending services.
- Support the lending team in areas of partnership development, lead generation and client attraction.
- Represent organization at networking events, trade shows, and through participation in relevant networks and professional organizations.
- Work collaboratively across teams within the organization to support the growth of our mission-driven lending programs.
- Use problem-solving skills to overcome internal and external barriers to building a strong network of partners supporting business and housing lending in rural Nebraska.
- At least three years of experience in economic development, community development, sales, marketing, lending, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining relationships with a diverse set of partners.
- Passionate about building and maintaining relationships, serving clients, and finding solutions to new challenges.
- Experience in new program development and new program implementation.
- Team oriented with strong work ethic and solid time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to details.
- Can work effectively with diverse groups of individuals and values differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and social-economic circumstances.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the state as needed.
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently is a bonus.
Interested individuals can apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. Initial review of applicants will begin March 26, 2021. The position will remain open until filled.
The Center for Rural Affairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.