Explore beekeeping - Macy, Neb.
Are you curious about honey bees? Do you want to know what it takes to get into beekeeping?
When: 5 to 7 p.m., May 29, 2019
Where: Nebraska Indian Community College (NICC), 1111 U.S. 75, Macy, Nebraska 68039
Learn about the role and importance of bees in food production, and how they help shape our natural landscapes and support other wildlife. Learn about healthy pollinator communities, the beekeeping industry, and beekeeping as a farm business.
After this class, you will have a better understanding of:
- What it takes to become a beekeeper, including time and labor;
- The role of beekeepers in farming systems;
- How to get started in beekeeping, including costs and resources;
- How to manage bees as a business; and
- Assets available for additional beekeeping training.
- Flexible hobby and/or business opportunities,
- Community and family engagement,
- Physical and intellectual activity,
- Connections to nature, and
- Further understanding of natural systems.
To register, call or email Kirstin Bailey at 402.367.8989 or email@example.com.
Explore beekeeping is part of the Great Plains Master Beekeeping Project.
- Posted on 1.3.2020
- Posted on 4.17.2019
- Posted on 10.22.2019
- Posted on 12.18.2019
- Posted on 5.9.2019