Biz Launch Weekend - McCook, NE
Turn your business idea into your business venture during Biz Launch Weekend, Jan. 19 and 20, at McCook Community College, in McCook, Nebraska.
Biz Launch Weekend is the event for you to turn your idea into a business. Spend a day and a half learning bite-sized lessons and receive individual coaching from mentors throughout the event. By the end of the event, you will have a lean business model to share with potential investors and could earn a $1,000 business grant to help make your idea happen.
Friday, January 19, 2018, 5 to 8 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Anyone in the seven counties of Southwest Nebraska (Chase, Dundy, Frontier, Hitchcock, Hayes, Red Willow, and Furnas) is able to attend. This is intended for people who have a business idea that want help developing it.
Potential attendees could be:
- Someone looking to start a business in retirement.
- A current entrepreneur looking at a new venture.
- An individual who has created a new device and wondering “what’s the next step?”
- High school and college students with an idea for the future.
This event is FREE, but registration is required. You will be provided with dinner Friday evening and three meals on Saturday, along with instruction and guidance during the day and half event.
What will this entail?
The event will provide instruction on how to work through a one-page Lean Canvas. This will help you:
- 01 | Identify the problem(s) that you want to solve.
- 02 | Articulate your solution to the problem(s) and what the existing alternatives are.
- 03 | Understand your target market and unique value proposition.
- 04 | Brainstorm potential challenges in starting up.
- 05 | Determine an effective marketing strategy including pricing, promotion and distribution.
- 06 | Obtain a realistic picture of your idea’s profit potential.
To go through these different areas, there will be short periods of instruction, followed by time to work through activities and get feedback from a variety of business mentors who are entrepreneurs or who are involved in small business development education. At the end of the event, you will have a chance to explain your plan to instructors, mentors, and potential investors. One plan will win a $1,000 business grant to turn their plan into reality.
Nancy Flock, southwest loan specialist with Center for Rural Affairs' Rural Enterprise Assistance Project, will teach a short session on financing. Dena Beck, senior project leader and south central loan specialist with Center for Rural Affairs' Rural Enterprise Assistance Project, will serve as a business mentor.
Questions and Registration
Questions: Call Lena Koebel at 308.345.8124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is due Jan. 12, at 5 p.m. To register, call 308.345.8124 or email email@example.com
- Posted on 1.4.2018
- Posted on 6.10.2018
- Posted on 1.16.2018
- Posted on 1.26.2018
- Posted on 2.6.2018