Answering the Call: Veteran Farm Tour - Lincoln, Neb.
The second part of this year's “Answering the Call” conference includes farm tours on May 24, showcasing farms of veterans who have transitioned from military service to agriculture.
Who: Veterans interested in or currently engaged in farming or ranching, or looking to mentor or transition your farm or ranch to a beginning veteran farmer.
Where: rural Lincoln, Nebraska. Featuring Robinette Farms | Prairie Plate Restaurant on Lakehouse Farm | Barreras Family Farm
When: Thursday, May 24, 2018, 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- 8:30 a.m. - Depart from Sesostris Shrine parking lot, 1050 Saltillo Rd., Roca, Neb.
- 9 a.m. - Travel to Martell, 17675 SW 14th St.
- 9:45 a.m. - Robinette Farms tour
- 11 a.m. - Travel to Waverly, 10405 Branched Oak Rd.
- 11:45 a.m. - Lunch at Prairie Plate and tour of Lakehouse Farm
- 1:15 p.m. - Travel to north Omaha, 1814 County Rd. P41
- 2:15 p.m. - Tour Barreras Family Farm
- 3:45 p.m. - Travel to Sesostris Shrine parking lot
- 4:45 p.m. - Drop off
Cost: Free. Transportation and meals are provided.
Registration is required for attendance. Please call Cora Fox at 402.687.2100 ext. 1012. Attendance at the conference in March is not required to register for the tours on May 24.
Answering the Call is sponsored by Center for Rural Affairs and Legal Aid of Nebraska.
Additional support for the tour is provided by:
- Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, award number 2015-70017-23907
- Farm Credit Services of America Working Here Fund
- Nebraska Tourism Commission
- North Central Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education
- Posted on 6.10.2018
- Posted on 3.7.2018
- Posted on 5.14.2018
- Posted on 4.18.2018
- Posted on 3.13.2018