Are you enthusiastic and passionate about agriculture, farming, and Latino Communities? Your communication skills connect you to diverse populations. You love to organize groups, put on events, and present in front of others. You are bilingual in both English and Spanish. This position’s salary range is $37,000-$47,000. We understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. That is why we offer a variety of benefits to help you and your family. Our benefits are comprehensive and top-notch. The cash value of the Center's full benefits package ranges from $10,000 to $29,500, depending on family status and tenure with the Center.
The Center for Rural Affairs is a dynamic, energetic non-profit organization working to build a better rural future that includes all groups of people and helps to ensure access to genuine opportunity no matter where you live. We’ve done this work for more than 40 years and we do it from rural places. Our work creates opportunities for beginning farmers, new business owners, and first-time advocates. The Center’s work, fueled by our compassionate, mission-driven staff, who work to put rural communities, stewardship, and the next generation at the forefront. Additional information can be found at www.cfra.org.
The Center for Rural Affairs is hiring a Community Organizing Associate focused on Latino Farmer outreach and education. The Community Organizing Associate will work with the Farm & Community team to build vibrant rural communities throughout Nebraska by providing training and technical assistance in various areas to community members and businesses. The Community Organizing Associate will report to the Sr. Project Associate and will work on various Farm & Community initiatives such as Beginning Latino Farmer Projects, Conservation Education Projects and community and school garden development.
This is a full-time non-exempt position focused on work in eastern and central Nebraska communities along the I-80 corridor. Compensation is commensurate with experience and a competitive benefits package will be provided. This position will require day trips by car. For the right candidate, occasional work from home may be possible. Office location will be determined to match the individual hired.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with and support Farm & Community staff on a variety of projects related to the program’s mission.
- Develop, plan, schedule and conduct Farm & Community events, workshops, and training sessions. Serve as the lead on projects and/or supporting project staff.
- Promote Farm & Community events and activities to community members and organizations; recruit event participants.
- Build and maintain relationships with partner organizations, collaborators, and community members.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Project Associate and the Brand Marketing and Communications Manager for all media needs related to the community organizing activities.
- Respond to questions and information requests from community members and organizations, Center staff, and project partners.
- Provide progress reports associated with program activities, performance, and goals to the Sr. Project Associate.
- Conduct program evaluation to evaluate work on various Farm & Community Program initiatives.
- Write grants, monitor grants, and fellowship opportunities, complete grant reporting, and update grant partners on the status of projects.
- Experience working in rural communities.
- Knowledge of agricultural production and/or agriculture experience.
- Experience with event planning and presenting in front of groups.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Experience with grant and project management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Can work effectively with diverse groups of individuals and values differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and social-economic circumstances.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking.
- Works well both independently and on a team.
- Proficient in Google Suite a plus.
- Willingness to travel to various sites across Nebraska on a regular basis.
Interested individuals can apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com.
The Center for Rural Affairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.