The Center for Rural Affairs is hiring an Accounting & Office Assistant. The Accounting & Office Assistant will assist several key staff members in fulfilling daily duties. The Accounting & Office Assistant will be supervised by the Accounting Associate and will take additional direction from the Development Director. Duties will include processing payables, data entry, filing, general office duties, answering the phone.
This is a full-time non-exempt position in the Center’s Lyons, Nebraska office. This position has a salary range of $36,000-$43,000 with top-notch benefits that have a cash value ranging from $10,000 to $29,500, depending on family status and tenure with the Center. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process payables on a weekly basis.
- Data entry for donors, constituents, and accounting staff.
- Process donation checks and prepare donor thank you letters for signature and mailing.
- Receiving and distributing mail daily.
- Prepare outgoing mail daily and take it to the Post Office.
- Update organizational mailing addresses within the database.
- Answering the phone and routing calls to the appropriate staff member.
- Filing grant documents.
- Assist in the management of grant contracts.
- General office tidying and tasks.
- A two-year degree or relevant bookkeeping experience.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Fluent in speaking Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Ability to use discretion and be confidential with all Center information.
- Can work effectively with diverse groups of individuals and values differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and social-economic circumstances.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to become proficient with office equipment and software.
Interested individuals can apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please include how your personal and/or professional experiences have positioned you for success in this role and any related work you want us to know about. Let us know how you heard about this position and why you want to work for the Center. Applications will be reviewed on May 14th. The Center for Rural Affairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.