In December 2019, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) released a rule for the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP). This sort of rule is released about once every five years, and acts as the blueprint for how the program will operate. If you are a farmer or rancher who has used EQIP, or is interested in it, we encourage you to write a comment on the rule.
This page provides instructions for how to submit your comment to USDA. We look forward to working with you to ensure that farmers’ and ranchers' voices are heard in this process. If you have any questions, or would like to talk through tailoring your own comment with us, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or 515.215.1294.
How to submit a comment
Deadline: February 18, 2020
Follow the instructions below to submit your comment to USDA.
Preparing your comment
- Draft your comment. We recommend working from a file on a personal computer and saving often.
- Please be sure to include the following text in your comment:
I am writing in response to “Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP),” from Federal Register Volume 84, No. 242, pages 69272-69293, published Tuesday, December 17, 2019, Docket number NRCS-2019-0009.
- We recommend saving your final comment as a PDF. Consider adding personal touches such as a signature or letterhead.
Submitting your comment
- Click this link to go to the comment submission page at regulations.gov.
- Upload your saved comment file by clicking “choose files.”
- Fill in your personal information.
- Note that no personal information is required. You can submit anonymously. However, we suggest putting your name, city, and state if you are not comfortable putting more information. Comments with names are typically taken more seriously.
- Click “continue.”
- Check the box indicating that you have read the privacy statement.
- Click “submit.”
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to let us know that you submitted a comment.