Veteran Farmers Project
Returning veterans and rural America can keep each other strong.
The Veteran Farmers Project offers:
- Individual Consultations with professionals for financial and production advice
- HelpLine for phone and email inquiries, resources, and support
In the last 10 years, almost a million of our military’s servicemen and servicewomen have come from rural communities. As these veterans return home, they bring with them an opportunity to employ their passion, discipline, and sense of service to revitalize America’s small farms and rural communities.
America’s farmers and rural communities are aging, and few new farmers are getting started. By returning to their farming roots, veterans can carry on the proud tradition of small American family farms.
The Veteran Farmers Project provides veterans with the business and agriculture education that can help them become successful farmers. By creating sound farm businesses that tap into high value markets, returning veterans can reintegrate gracefully and fruitfully into America’s rural communities.
Get personalized professional assistance and counseling on farm production, business, financing, and more:
- Production and marketing
- Farm business development
- Loan applications
- Farm financial advising
- State and federal financing and loan options
- Land access strategies
- Linking programs
- Programs for disabled farmers
- USDA Farm programs: Traci Bruckner, Center for Rural Affairs, 402-687-2100, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Center for Rural Affairs, 402-687-2100
- Farmer-Veteran Coalition, 530-756-1395
- Rocky Mountain Farmers Union, 303- 752-5800
- Kansas Farmers Union, 620-241-6630
- Missouri Farmers Union, 573-659-2787
- Nebraska Farmers Union, 402-476-8815
- Colorado AgrAbility Project, 970-491-5889
- Kansas AgrAbility Project, 785-532-2976
- Missouri AgrAbility Project, 1-800-995-8503
- Nebraska AgrAbility, 1-800-471-6425
- USDA Farm Service Agency, 402-746-2204, ext. 102
The Veteran Farmers Project is supported by the USDA Risk Management Agency.