Hands-on exploratory sessions designed for small business owners
A business plan will give lenders and financial backers a full picture, give a "road map" for a future direction, help anticipate capital and equipment needs, and help you measure progress and anticipate problem areas.
Primary topics covered in the training include:
- Define your trade area.
- Identify customers and competitors.
- Identify new products/services and the demand for these products/services.
2. Customer Relations
- Learn how to increase your customer base.
- Learn how to work with all personalities.
- Learn how to use word-of-mouth as part of your advertising plan.
3. Financial Management
- Review bookkeeping systems that will work for you.
- Learn to understand what the numbers are telling you.
- Learn to understand balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Explore options for affordable advertising.
- Learn how to schedule advertising for the greatest impact.
- Review what works for other businesses.
- Design promotional activities.
5. Goal Setting
- Learn the benefits of goal setting.
- Develop goals for your business and personal life.
- Find more time in your schedule.
- Turn your goals into reality.
See what trainings are currently scheduled.
To arrange for a training to come to your community, contact Monica Braun, REAP Women's Business Center Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REAP and the Women's Business Center use the NxLevel Business Plan Basics for MicroEntrepreneurs curriculum and work in collaboration with the Nebraska EDGE program on curriculum delivery.