Youth Business Showcase Video Competition
Middle school through high school-aged students are eligible to enter.
Competition for youth-led businesses from across the state in three submission categories – WIN prizes or $$, Be recognized for your efforts, Show impacts, Inspire others!
- Showcase your current business(es) or entrepreneurial ventures in progress
- Recognize your efforts and your impact (personal, business, school, community)
- Share your operations, transitions (for sustainability if applicable) and future goals
- Be an inspiration to other youth entrepreneurs
- WIN $$ to invest back into your business or prizes to reward your success!
Three Categories for Submissions
- Personal business (outside of school/community)
- School-based business
- Community/organizational youth-led business
How Do I Enter
- Create a video and post to YouTube (see instructions and judging criteria, Note: security section)
- Register and upload your YouTube video URL, logo/pictures (optional) and other business information – BY midnight, February 13th
- Be available Feb. 21 to attend all of the BIZ IDEA Summit from 9:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m., OR join us for the Business Video Showcase finalist awards competition from 1:00-2:15 p.m. Finalist videos will be shared with the audience at the Summit. Individual finalists will be recognized, and attendees will vote on the finalists to select the Winners for each category.
Instructions for Video Submission
Post your contest video at: http://www.pitchburner.com/idea . Deadline: Must submit video by midnight, February 13.
Creativity is encouraged!
Consider including as much of the information below as possible any way you can (visuals, text on screen, verbal, etc.) in the 3 minute video timeframe:
- What is your product or service? Briefly describe what it is you sell, your purpose, mission and values.
- Who is your market? Briefly discuss who you are selling the product or service to. What industry is it? How large of a market do they represent?
- Who is behind the company? Introduce your team, share any background info and achievements that may have led to the business. If you have a strong advisory board, tell them who they are and what they have accomplished.
- Who is your main competition? What is your competitive advantage? How are you distinguishing yourselves from the competition or what makes your business unique?
- What are you doing with your profit? How profitable is the business? What is your projected profit for 2012 and 2013?
- How will the business transition and grow-what is your succession plan? How are you preparing your next workers?
Judging Criteria Judges will be looking for:
- Innovative ideas and strategies for approaching the implementation of the business
- Vitality and sustainability of the business for the future
- Display of creativity in how you deliver the information in the video in the given time allotment.
Questions? Contact Shawnna Silvius at email@example.com or 402.873.4027.
The BIZ IDEA Summit and the Youth Business Showcase Video Competition brought to you by the Center for Rural Affairs and sponsor partners. Special thanks our generous and dedicated committee members: Gregg Christensen, Nancy Eberle, Janita Pavelka, Shawn Kaskie, Zach Schultz, and Dan Hoffman.