2013 Openings for Internships
Montana Internship Announcement
Are you excited about the political process? Are you interested in being a voice for others, instead of a face in the crowd? Are you tired of political talk without action? Do you want to get off the sidelines and make an impact?
The Center for Rural Affairs works on important and ever-changing issues that impact rural communities and people. We work on renewable energy, farm policy, economic development, and health care. This internship is a hands-on opportunity to be the voice of these issues.
You will be working to implement the Affordable Care Act in an effective way for rural Montanans.You will work on everything from grassroots meetings, leadership development, mobilizing response to action alerts, engaging media, hosting webinars, educating legislators, working with the Montana Insurance Commissioner's office, and more!
- You have awesome oral and written communication skills.
- You are a confident public speaker.
- You have the ability to think on your feet.
- You can adapt your message to a broad range of audiences.
- You are outgoing, friendly disposition and ability to work with staff teams, coalitions and grassroots supporters both in Montana and out of state.
- You can organize and carry out work plans independently and cooperatively.
- Online and computer competence a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or higher and/or relevant experience.
What do you need all these skills for?
- Engaging individual rural leaders and organizations.
- Educate rural Montanans about healthcare issues and solutions in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Engage in grassroots meetings and leadership development.
- Mobilize response to action alerts, engaging media, hosting webinars, educating legislators, working with the Montana Insurance Commissioner's office, and other means.
Think this sounds like you? Send us a resume, cover letter, three references, and a short writing sample. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Preferred starting date of June 1, 2013. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hire interns regularly, so check back with us often for other opportunities!